blogger

Saturday, September 6, 2014

The Awesomeness of Powell's Books' Shirts

I love Powell's Books. Seriously. If I lived in Portland, I would be in HUGE trouble.

If you haven't been there and you're a major bibliophile like me, it's a must on your bucket list. Plan to literally get lost among books. It's a beautiful thing.
Another beautiful thing? They sell the best book-themed apparel. It's not a huge selection, but what they have rocks. And they generally print on super high quality fabric that is gloriously soft. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.
My husband has literally worn out his Powell's shirt he loves it so much.

When my latest Powell's shirt arrived, I needed to celebrate it's cuteness by dressing like a fire-breathing dragon for our lower school assembly. Now, a normal person would have a topic in mind for assembly announcements and then plan a costume based on that topic. Nope, not me. I wanted to dress like a dragon. Soooo... I pulled all of my favorite dragon-themed books and told the kiddos how awesome they all were. They were chomping at the bit to check the books out and I got to wear my dragon outfit. Win, win. Thanks, Powell's Books! Want your own shirt? Find them here.
You, too, can pull off this adorable outfit by putting together the following:
  • Shirt from Powell's Books
  • Felt hat from Joann Fabrics (I bought this in-store during late summer 2014), I'm going to attempt to make these, so check back for a tutorial
  • Fire-breathing apparatus: Cut a hole in the bottom of a paper cup, tape red crepe or tissue paper strips to the lip of the cup. Blow through the hole to get the flames to dance... Much to the astonishment of all.

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs: Cute Blog Designs